So many people believe that they need to improve their communication and yet, struggle to define it. This chapter will hopefully start a conversation for you. Hopefully, by defining it, you will set yourself up for improving your skill at communication.
Questions for deeper interaction:
- How often do you think you and your spouse hear the same words but understand them differently?
- Have you ever had a fight where you both could not remember what started it? Do you think this could be because of the different stories running in each person’s head?
- What do you think about the author’s assertion that for most men there is a constant voice telling them that they are screwing up and failing?
- What do you think about the author’s assertion that for most women the constant voice is telling them that they are not desirable?
- Do you think there are bad emotions?