This chapter deals possibilities.
Derek needed to believe in them. We need to believe in them.
Ruby needed to believe it was possible to feel again.
You may need to believe in the possibilities of new habits.
Here are some questions for deeper understanding.
- This chapter states that one of the keys to a healthy relationship is allowing it the opportunity to fail. How do you feel about that statement? Do agree or disagree? Why?
- This chapter states, “We often default to the patterns of living we learned in childhood. This is true even if we have intellectually rejected them.” What patterns of living from your childhood that you’ve rejected intellectually do you find yourself repeating?
- What screw-ups sit in the back of your head taunting you? How are you trying to soothe them?
- What if you could learn a new way to approach those shames? What are you hoping to learn from this book?
- What do you want the most for your relationship?
- What are you most afraid of in regard to your relationship?