To me, this chapter is about hope. Once we can see these patterns in our communication, we can change our behavior.
Questions for deeper interaction:
- Do you recognize these hazards in your relationship? Do you think that your relationship has a distinct pattern?
- Are you a hunter or a rabbit or both? What about your spouse?
- What are things that you do to feel safe that actually create problems for your relationship causing you to feel less safe as an end result?
- Do you or your spouse give ultimatums? Do you think those are helpful? What do you think is the cost?
- Do you see entitlement and grandiosity in your relationship?